Making Things in December #18: Jamming with Melissa
For day 18 of making something every day in December, I recorded a late-night jam with Melissa.
As with our other jams, there’s nothing planned and there are no expectations to make something that resembles a finished piece of music. But these sessions serve as an important point of inspiration. There are little nuggets, hooks, or motifs in them that we may revisit and flesh out another time.
One last thing I’ll say is that I’m so incredibly fortunate to be married to such a talented woman with such an innate musical talent. I love playing with her because she’s so melodic and so responsive to what’s going on in the moment.
Making things in December timeline:
- Day 1: recorded new song
- Day 2: wrote blog post called Music and Web Design
- Day 3: assembled a jeweler’s bench and recorded a Chaka Khan song
- Day 4: animated atom SVG
- Day 5: jamming with Ian
- Day 6: wrote blog post called Doing It Right
- Day 7: animated border Codepen
- Day 8: decorated a Christmas tree
- Day 9: wrote blog post called Level of Effort
- Day 10: coffee doodle
- Day 11: lunchtime jam with Ian
- Day 12: making progress on a song
- Day 13: cookie party!
- Day 14: cans
- Day 15: more cans
- Day 16: another jam with Ian
- Day 17: even more cans
- Day 18: jamming with Melissa